VentureBeat Transformative tech coverage that matters
- Honey, wake up — a new Quest is coming | Kaser Focusby Rachel Kaser on June 3, 2023 at 2:02 am
Meta announced it’s bringing out a new Quest VR headset, but Rachel Kaser is more interested in the games it’s working on.
- Niantic and 8th Wall roll out new tools and mixed-reality experienceby Rachel Kaser on June 2, 2023 at 7:00 pm
Niantic revealed several new tools rolling out for Lightship and 8th Wall, as well as a new mixed reality experience starring an AI owl.
- It’s still a good time for investments in gamesby Erron Kelly on June 2, 2023 at 6:31 pm
David Higley, Shan Shan, Lia Zhang and Frankie Zhu sat down at the GamesBeat Summit to talk industry investments, mergers and acquisitions.
AWS News Blog Announcements, Updates, and Launches
- New – AWS DMS Serverless: Automatically Provisions and Scales Capacity for Migration and Data Replicationby Donnie Prakoso on June 1, 2023 at 11:05 pm
With the vast amount of data being created today, organizations are moving to the cloud to take advantage of the security, reliability, and performance of fully managed database services. To facilitate database and analytics migrations, you can use AWS Database Migration Service (AWS DMS). First launched in 2016, AWS DMS offers a simple migration process
- New – Snowball Edge Storage Optimized Devices with More Storage and Bandwidthby Jeff Barr on May 31, 2023 at 8:01 pm
AWS Snow Family family devices are used to cost-effectively move data to the cloud and to process data at the edge. The enhanced Snowball Edge Storage Optimized devices are designed for your petabyte-scale data migration projects, with 210 terabytes of NVMe storage and the ability to transfer up to 1.5 gigabytes of data per second.
- AWS Week in Review – AWS Wickr, Amazon Redshift, Generative AI, and More – May 29, 2023by Donnie Prakoso on May 29, 2023 at 9:06 pm
This edition of Week in Review marks the end of the month of May. In addition, we just finished all of the in-person AWS Summits in Asia-Pacific and Japan starting from AWS Summit Sydney and AWS Summit Tokyo in April to AWS Summit ASEAN, AWS Summit Seoul, and AWS Summit Mumbai in May. Thank you
- New and upcoming capabilities with Elastic Cloud (Elasticsearch)—An Azure Native ISV Serviceby Vikas Singhvi on May 10, 2023 at 3:00 pm
Microsoft and Elastic partnered together in 2020 to build an Elastic Cloud (Elasticsearch)—An Azure Native ISV Service to create cloud native deeply integrated experiences for all Azure and Elastic customers to power their digital transformation. Since general availability, thanks to you, this service is growing rapidly while improving efficiency for all its customers.
- What’s new with Azure Filesby Jurgen Willis on May 10, 2023 at 2:00 pm
In this blog we will talk about how SAP ECS uses Azure Files NFS shares as part of their default deployment and we’ll also announce some of the big NFS feature we’ve been working over the past year including: new 99.99 percent SLA, snapshot support, and nconnect.
- Insights from the 2023 Open Confidential Computing Conferenceby Mark Russinovich on May 8, 2023 at 9:00 am
I had the opportunity to participate in this year’s Open Confidential Computing Conference (OC3), hosted by our software partner, Edgeless Systems. This year’s event was particularly noteworthy due to a panel discussion on the impact and future of confidential computing. The panel featured some of the industry’s most respected technology leaders including Greg Lavender, Chief Technical Officer at Intel, Ian Buck, Vice President of Hyperscale and HPC at NVIDIA, and Mark Papermaster, Chief Technical Officer at AMD.