VentureBeat Transformative tech coverage that matters
- Palworld hits 25M players as it co-exists with Helldivers 2by Rachel Kaser on February 22, 2024 at 11:16 pm
Palworld has surpassed the 25 million-player mark on Steam and Xbox even as it apparently competes for attention with Helldivers 2.
- Riot dubs upcoming LoL fighter 2XKO, playtests with FGC in 2024by Jordan Fragen on February 22, 2024 at 11:05 pm
Riot has renamed its upcoming League of Legends 2v2 team-based fighting game 2XKO, hinting at its esports ambitions ahead of its 2025 launch.
- Salesforce Tableau looks beyond business intelligence dashboards with AI-powered Pulseby Sean Michael Kerner on February 22, 2024 at 9:00 pm
Today Salesforce announced the general availability of its Tableau Pulse technology, bringing the power of multiple forms of AI, including generative AI to help organizations get more business intelligence insights from their data.
AWS News Blog Announcements, Updates, and Launches
- AWS Weekly Roundup — AWS Control Tower new API, TLS 1.3 with API Gateway, Private Marketplace Catalogs, and more — February 19, 2024by Irshad Buchh on February 19, 2024 at 6:53 pm
Over the past week, our service teams have continued to innovate on your behalf, and a lot has happened in the Amazon Web Services (AWS) universe that I want to tell you about. I’ll also share about all the AWS Community events and initiatives that are happening around the world. Let’s dive in! Last week’s
- Knowledge Bases for Amazon Bedrock now supports Amazon Aurora PostgreSQL and Cohere embedding modelsby Antje Barth on February 12, 2024 at 9:41 pm
During AWS re:Invent 2023, we announced the general availability of Knowledge Bases for Amazon Bedrock. With a knowledge base, you can securely connect foundation models (FMs) in Amazon Bedrock to your company data for Retrieval Augmented Generation (RAG). In my previous post, I described how Knowledge Bases for Amazon Bedrock manages the end-to-end RAG workflow
- AWS Weekly Roundup — Happy Lunar New Year, IaC generator, NFL’s digital athlete, AWS Cloud Clubs, and more — February 12, 2024by Channy Yun on February 12, 2024 at 8:13 pm
Happy Lunar New Year! Wishing you a year filled with joy, success, and endless opportunities! May the Year of the Dragon bring uninterrupted connections and limitless growth 🐉 ☁️ In case you missed it, here’s outstanding news you need to know as you plan your year in early 2024. AWS was named as a Leader
- New and upcoming capabilities with Elastic Cloud (Elasticsearch)—An Azure Native ISV Serviceby Vikas Singhvi on May 10, 2023 at 3:00 pm
Microsoft and Elastic partnered together in 2020 to build an Elastic Cloud (Elasticsearch)—An Azure Native ISV Service to create cloud native deeply integrated experiences for all Azure and Elastic customers to power their digital transformation. Since general availability, thanks to you, this service is growing rapidly while improving efficiency for all its customers.
- What’s new with Azure Filesby Jurgen Willis on May 10, 2023 at 2:00 pm
In this blog we will talk about how SAP ECS uses Azure Files NFS shares as part of their default deployment and we’ll also announce some of the big NFS feature we’ve been working over the past year including: new 99.99 percent SLA, snapshot support, and nconnect.
- Insights from the 2023 Open Confidential Computing Conferenceby Mark Russinovich on May 8, 2023 at 9:00 am
I had the opportunity to participate in this year’s Open Confidential Computing Conference (OC3), hosted by our software partner, Edgeless Systems. This year’s event was particularly noteworthy due to a panel discussion on the impact and future of confidential computing. The panel featured some of the industry’s most respected technology leaders including Greg Lavender, Chief Technical Officer at Intel, Ian Buck, Vice President of Hyperscale and HPC at NVIDIA, and Mark Papermaster, Chief Technical Officer at AMD.