VentureBeat Transformative tech coverage that matters
- 2 clear and consistent paths toward effective, accelerated AI regulationby Ivana Bartoletti, Wipro on December 2, 2023 at 7:05 pm
Smart AI regulation can strike a balance between innovation and governance and protect businesses from unnecessary risk.
- What I wish to see at The Game Awards (besides world premieres) | Kaser Focusby Rachel Kaser on December 2, 2023 at 1:24 am
GamesBeat’s Rachel Kaser is prepping for The Game Awards — and can’t help but feel a few more people could be getting awards.
- Experis QA workers for Forza Motorsport, Starfield vote to unionizeby Rachel Kaser on December 2, 2023 at 12:20 am
42 QA Workers in Experis Game Solution’s Milwaukee office have voted to unionize to improve their working conditions.
AWS News Blog Announcements, Updates, and Launches
- Use AWS Fault Injection Service to demonstrate multi-region and multi-AZ application resilienceby Jeff Barr on November 30, 2023 at 6:53 pm
AWS Fault Injection Service (FIS) helps you to put chaos engineering into practice at scale. Today we are launching new scenarios that will let you demonstrate that your applications perform as intended if an AWS Availability Zone experiences a full power interruption or connectivity from one AWS region to another is lost. You can use
- Zonal autoshift – Automatically shift your traffic away from Availability Zones when we detect potential issuesby Sébastien Stormacq on November 30, 2023 at 6:43 pm
Today we’re launching zonal autoshift, a new capability of Amazon Route 53 Application Recovery Controller that you can enable to automatically and safely shift your workload’s traffic away from an Availability Zone when AWS identifies a potential failure affecting that Availability Zone and shift it back once the failure is resolved. When deploying resilient applications,
- IDE extension for AWS Application Composer enhances visual modern applications development with AI-generated IaCby Donnie Prakoso on November 30, 2023 at 6:22 pm
Today, I’m happy to share the integrated development environment (IDE) extension for AWS Application Composer. Now you can use AWS Application Composer directly in your IDE to visually build modern applications and iteratively develop your infrastructure as code templates with Amazon CodeWhisperer. Announced as preview at AWS re:Invent 2022 and generally available in March 2023, Application Composer is
- New and upcoming capabilities with Elastic Cloud (Elasticsearch)—An Azure Native ISV Serviceby Vikas Singhvi on May 10, 2023 at 3:00 pm
Microsoft and Elastic partnered together in 2020 to build an Elastic Cloud (Elasticsearch)—An Azure Native ISV Service to create cloud native deeply integrated experiences for all Azure and Elastic customers to power their digital transformation. Since general availability, thanks to you, this service is growing rapidly while improving efficiency for all its customers.
- What’s new with Azure Filesby Jurgen Willis on May 10, 2023 at 2:00 pm
In this blog we will talk about how SAP ECS uses Azure Files NFS shares as part of their default deployment and we’ll also announce some of the big NFS feature we’ve been working over the past year including: new 99.99 percent SLA, snapshot support, and nconnect.
- Insights from the 2023 Open Confidential Computing Conferenceby Mark Russinovich on May 8, 2023 at 9:00 am
I had the opportunity to participate in this year’s Open Confidential Computing Conference (OC3), hosted by our software partner, Edgeless Systems. This year’s event was particularly noteworthy due to a panel discussion on the impact and future of confidential computing. The panel featured some of the industry’s most respected technology leaders including Greg Lavender, Chief Technical Officer at Intel, Ian Buck, Vice President of Hyperscale and HPC at NVIDIA, and Mark Papermaster, Chief Technical Officer at AMD.