VentureBeat Transformative tech coverage that matters
- LLMs are surprisingly great at compressing images and audio, DeepMind researchers findby Ben Dickson on September 25, 2023 at 11:00 pm
Despite being primarily trained on text, these models achieved remarkable compression rates on image and audio data.
- Cloud giants Amazon, Microsoft and Google ignite battle over AIby Carl Franzen on September 25, 2023 at 10:24 pm
Cloud computing leaders Amazon, Microsoft, and Google are all now backing different AI foundation models and/or incubating their own.
- Enterprise workers gain 40 percent performance boost from GPT-4, Harvard study findsby Matt Marshall on September 25, 2023 at 8:50 pm
In the first large-scale study on GPT-4 usage in enterprises, Harvard researchers found that using generative AI helped hundreds of consultants working for the respected Boston Consulting Group (BSG), giving them a 40 percent productivity boost.
AWS News Blog Announcements, Updates, and Launches
- AWS Weekly Roundup: Amazon EC2 M2 Pro Mac, Amazon Coretto 21, Amazon CloudWatch Synthetics, and more (Sept. 25, 2023)by Donnie Prakoso on September 25, 2023 at 9:06 pm
This week, I’m in Jakarta to support AWS User Group Indonesia and AWS Cloud Day Indonesia. Yesterday, I attended a community event – a collaboration between AWS User Group Indonesia and Hacktiv8 with “Innovating Yourself as Early-Stage Developers” as the main theme. We had a blast and I had a wonderful time connecting with speakers and
- New – Add Your Swift Packages to AWS CodeArtifactby Sébastien Stormacq on September 20, 2023 at 10:45 pm
Starting today, Swift developers who write code for Apple platforms (iOS, iPadOS, macOS, tvOS, watchOS, or visionOS) or for Swift applications running on the server side can use AWS CodeArtifact to securely store and retrieve their package dependencies. CodeArtifact integrates with standard developer tools such as Xcode, xcodebuild, and the Swift Package Manager (the swift
- New – Amazon EC2 M2 Pro Mac Instances Built on Apple Silicon M2 Pro Mac Mini Computersby Channy Yun on September 19, 2023 at 8:48 pm
Today, we are announcing the general availability of Amazon EC2 M2 Pro Mac instances. These instances deliver up to 35 percent faster performance over the existing M1 Mac instances when building and testing applications for Apple platforms. New EC2 M2 Pro Mac instances are powered by Apple M2 Pro Mac Mini computers featuring 12 core
- New and upcoming capabilities with Elastic Cloud (Elasticsearch)—An Azure Native ISV Serviceby Vikas Singhvi on May 10, 2023 at 3:00 pm
Microsoft and Elastic partnered together in 2020 to build an Elastic Cloud (Elasticsearch)—An Azure Native ISV Service to create cloud native deeply integrated experiences for all Azure and Elastic customers to power their digital transformation. Since general availability, thanks to you, this service is growing rapidly while improving efficiency for all its customers.
- What’s new with Azure Filesby Jurgen Willis on May 10, 2023 at 2:00 pm
In this blog we will talk about how SAP ECS uses Azure Files NFS shares as part of their default deployment and we’ll also announce some of the big NFS feature we’ve been working over the past year including: new 99.99 percent SLA, snapshot support, and nconnect.
- Insights from the 2023 Open Confidential Computing Conferenceby Mark Russinovich on May 8, 2023 at 9:00 am
I had the opportunity to participate in this year’s Open Confidential Computing Conference (OC3), hosted by our software partner, Edgeless Systems. This year’s event was particularly noteworthy due to a panel discussion on the impact and future of confidential computing. The panel featured some of the industry’s most respected technology leaders including Greg Lavender, Chief Technical Officer at Intel, Ian Buck, Vice President of Hyperscale and HPC at NVIDIA, and Mark Papermaster, Chief Technical Officer at AMD.