VentureBeat Transformative tech coverage that matters
- Team Spirit takes home $18.2M as winner of The International Dota 2 Championshipby Dean Takahashi on October 17, 2021 at 8:58 pm
Team Spirit won The International Dota 2 Championship, taking home $18.2 million of the record prize pool of more than $40 million.
- Meow Wolf, Anthos team for multi-cloud app management in art showsby Corinna Makris on October 17, 2021 at 7:15 pm
SADA is helping Meow Wolf with multi-cloud app management for immersive art experiences at its permanent multimedia installations.
- Jens Hilgers interview — Why Bitkraft created its $75M token fund for blockchain/crypto gamesby Dean Takahashi on October 17, 2021 at 5:20 pm
Bitkraft Ventures raised a $75 million token fund last week to invest in blockchain gaming and digital entertainment investments.
AWS News Blog Announcements, Updates, and Launches
- VMware Cloud on AWS Outposts Brings VMware SDDC as a Fully Managed Service on Premisesby Channy Yun on October 5, 2021 at 12:38 pm
In 2017, AWS and VMware brought VMware Cloud on AWS, the VMware enterprise-class Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC) software for all vSphere-based workloads, to the AWS Cloud with optimized access to native AWS services. VMware Cloud on AWS provides dedicated, single-tenant cloud infrastructure, delivered on the next-generation bare-metal AWS infrastructure based on the latest Amazon EC2
- AWS Cloud Control API, a Uniform API to Access AWS & Third-Party Servicesby Sébastien Stormacq on September 30, 2021 at 7:04 pm
Today, I am happy to announce the availability of AWS Cloud Control API a set of common application programming interfaces (APIs) that are designed to make it easy for developers to manage their AWS and third-party services. AWS delivers the broadest and deepest portfolio of cloud services. Builders leverage these to build any type of
- Now — AWS Step Functions Supports 200 AWS Services To Enable Easier Workflow Automationby Marcia Villalba on September 30, 2021 at 5:05 pm
Today AWS Step Functions expands the number of supported AWS services from 17 to over 200 and AWS API Actions from 46 to over 9,000 with its new capability AWS SDK Service Integrations. When developers build distributed architectures, one of the patterns they use is the workflow-based orchestration pattern. This pattern is helpful for workflow
- Humana leverages Microsoft Cloud for Healthcare to develop advanced predictive modelsby Heather Jordan Cartwright on October 14, 2021 at 8:00 am
The teams at Humana believed they had enough data to explore the possibility of proactively identifying when patients were heading toward a high-risk event, and they put Microsoft Cloud for Healthcare and AI technology to the test.
- Unleashing the true potential of 5G with cloud networksby Victor Bahl on October 13, 2021 at 9:00 am
For many, the intersection of 5G wireless and the Internet offers very little by way of new information, just from a quick, surface-level glance. However, things look very different when considered in light of the 5G New Radio (NR) standard.
- Empowering cloud sustainability with the Microsoft Emissions Impact Dashboardby Kees Hertogh on October 13, 2021 at 8:00 am
As cloud services continue to scale, their impact on the environment cannot be overlooked. That’s why today we’re announcing general availability of the Microsoft Emissions Impact Dashboard, a tool that helps Microsoft cloud customers understand, track, report, analyze and reduce carbon emissions associated with their cloud usage.