VentureBeat Transformative tech coverage that matters
- Immutable will launch Ethereum token for Gods Unchainedby Dean Takahashi on June 24, 2021 at 2:00 am
Immutable said today that the Gods Unchained blockchain card game will launch a new Ethereum token dubbed $GODS.
- Survey-style measurement of IT isn’t effective, a ‘rigged lottery’by Contributor on June 24, 2021 at 1:20 am
Survey-style measurement of IT is a rigged lottery as it falls far short of providing a true measure of Digital Employee Experience (DEX).
- Natural language processing tech startup Primer raises $110Mby Reuters on June 24, 2021 at 12:20 am
With $110 million in funding, natural language processing platform Primer plans to add pharmaceutical and financial customers.
AWS News Blog Announcements, Updates, and Launches
- Introducing a Public Registry for AWS CloudFormationby Steve Roberts on June 21, 2021 at 11:17 pm
AWS CloudFormation and the AWS Cloud Development Kit (CDK) provide scalable and consistent provisioning of AWS resources (for example, compute infrastructure, monitoring tools, databases, and more). We’ve heard from many customers that they’d like to benefit from the same consistency and scalability when provisioning resources from AWS Partner Network (APN) members, third-party vendors, and open-source
- New – AWS Step Functions Workflow Studio – A Low-Code Visual Tool for Building State Machinesby Marcia Villalba on June 17, 2021 at 5:18 pm
AWS Step Functions allow you to build scalable, distributed applications using state machines. Until today, building workflows on Step Functions required you to learn and understand Amazon State Language (ASL). Today, we are launching Workflow Studio, a low-code visual tool that helps you learn Step Functions through a guided interactive interface and allows you to
- Migrate Your Workloads with the Graviton Challenge!by Steve Roberts on June 17, 2021 at 3:35 pm
Today, Dave Brown, VP of Amazon EC2 at AWS, announced the Graviton Challenge as part of his session on AWS silicon innovation at the Six Five Summit 2021. We invite you to take the Graviton Challenge and move your applications to run on AWS Graviton2. The challenge, intended for individual developers and small teams, is
- Manage your digital transformation at scale for retail with Cloud Adoption Framework for Azureby Jaishree Subramania on June 23, 2021 at 10:00 am
Retail organizations are embracing digital transformation and cloud technologies to be more agile and achieve strategic goals. The cloud enables them to drive innovation, make more informed decisions with data analytics, outpace competitors, and deliver products, services, and applications faster. The path to the cloud is unique for every organization and navigating that journey can be a challenge. We’re excited to share new guidance within the Cloud Adoption Framework for the retail industry.
- Join Microsoft at ISC 2021 and drive innovations with Azure high-performance computingby Kevin Raines on June 23, 2021 at 9:00 am
Whether it’s understanding our environment, public health, energy sustainability, weather modeling, economic growth, and many others finding solutions to these important challenges requires huge amounts of focused computing power. Customers are increasingly finding the best way to access such high-performance computing (HPC) is through the agility, scale, security, and leading-edge performance of Azure’s purpose-built HPC and AI cloud services.
- Deploy apps seamlessly with Red Hat JBoss EAP on Azure App Service—now generally availableby Jason Freeberg on June 23, 2021 at 8:00 am
Red Hat JBoss EAP on Azure App Service is a fully managed offering for Java EE (Jakarta EE) applications. Our customers are excited to have a managed platform for their Java EE (Jakarta EE) applications and the peace of mind that comes with joint support from Red Hat and Microsoft. Today, the offer is generally available, so you can deploy apps into the JBoss Enterprise Application Platform on App Service with no Red Hat subscription or licenses required.