VentureBeat Transformative tech coverage that matters
- Unlocking the metaverse’s potential as a real estate investmentby Ted Hunter, Manatt on December 3, 2022 at 2:40 pm
When traditional real estate investors embrace virtual land as a viable real asset class, the metaverse may realize its full potential.
- Top 5 stories of the week: Nvidia and OpenAI updates, 2023 predictions for cybersecurity, and moreby Ashleigh Hollowell on December 3, 2022 at 1:00 pm
As we approach 2023, experts across a range of companies have unveiled their predictions, insights and even a glance at up-and-coming innovations.
- The new Mario trailer promises references, little else | Kaser Focusby Rachel Kaser on December 3, 2022 at 1:01 am
Following the new trailer of the Mario movie, GamesBeat’s Rachel Kaser still feels ambivalent about the adaptation.
AWS News Blog Announcements, Updates, and Launches
- New – Process PDFs, Word Documents, and Images with Amazon Comprehend for IDPby Marcia Villalba on December 1, 2022 at 5:51 pm
Today we are announcing a new Amazon Comprehend feature for intelligent document processing (IDP). This feature allows you to classify and extract entities from PDF documents, Microsoft Word files, and images directly from Amazon Comprehend without you needing to extract the text first. Many customers need to process documents that have a semi-structured format, like
- Introducing Amazon GameLift Anywhere – Run Your Game Servers on Your Own Infrastructureby Channy Yun on December 1, 2022 at 5:49 pm
In 2016, we launched Amazon GameLift, a dedicated hosting solution that securely deploys and automatically scales fleets of session-based multiplayer game servers to meet worldwide player demand. With Amazon GameLift, you can create and upload a game server build once, replicate, and then deploy across multiple AWS Regions and AWS Local Zones to reach your
- Announcing Amazon CodeCatalyst, a Unified Software Development Service (Preview)by Steve Roberts on December 1, 2022 at 5:31 pm
Today, we announced the preview release of Amazon CodeCatalyst. A unified software development and delivery service, Amazon CodeCatalyst enables software development teams to quickly and easily plan, develop, collaborate on, build, and deliver applications on AWS, reducing friction throughout the development lifecycle. In my time as a developer the biggest excitement—besides shipping software to users—was
- Microsoft Cost Management updates—November 2022by Michael Flanakin on November 29, 2022 at 10:00 am
What better way to go into the holiday season than with a long-awaited, major new preview for Cost Management tag inheritance. Add new cost recommendations for VM scale sets and 3 new preview features in the Cost analysis preview on top of 8 new and updated offers to help you save, 76 cost-related sessions from Ignite, and 7 key doc updates and there’s quite a bit to sink your teeth into from November.
- Voltus and Azure—no power integrity challenge too big to solveby Richard Paw on November 29, 2022 at 8:00 am
With Voltus on Azure, semiconductor companies have the ideal solution to verify power integrity for their most complex designs.
- Expanding AI technology for unstructured biomedical text beyond Englishby Hadas Bitran on November 17, 2022 at 10:00 am
With Text Analytics for Health, a part of Azure Cognitive Services, healthcare organizations around the world can now extract meaningful insights from unstructured text in eight languages and process it in a way that enables clinical decision support like never before.